MySelf-Autobiographical Essay for UiTM EMBA Intake

MYSELF

Dick Brown, former CEO of Cable & Wireless of the US said some years ago:

"The world of business has more bright people than effective people. I like to see both, but if I had to choose between high intelligence and effective execution, I would take effective execution all the time."

It take twenty seven years to create who I am today, I came bounding into a world of love and laughter. I was the second child of a family who was young and energetic and had every good intention for their new baby girl. I grew up with opportunities for intellectual and spiritual growth, secure in the knowledge that I was loved, free from fear, and confident that my world was close to perfect. As I was in the centre of the world enjoying life, this state of innocence persisted through my early teens, and changed dramatically during my last year of Form 2. My family has been separated. From the moment my parents told me, I've been confronted with emotional issues that many teenagers would never want to face.

Nevertheless, being a normal person I would like to overcome this constraint and tap my potential to the fullest possible extent so that I can achieve academic and professional excellence necessary for becoming an elite of the emerging young generation. Under such circumstances, what we should do is to become fully prepared to embark on our journey of life, to venture into deep waters. As a matter of fact, I have already been making some of the most important preparations for my ambitious undertaking in the future and part of it is to equip myself with proper education.

I completed my undergraduate education from 2002 to 2008 in the specialty of Business Study majoring in International Business of University Technology Mara (UiTM). No doubt, the institute is by no mean is the most prestigious one in Malaysia giving education and play their parts in order to prepare the young leaders for the reality outcome. At the very outset of my undergraduate programmed, I decided that I must make maximum use of all the educational resources available to improve and perfect my knowledge and leadership skills.

I was entrusted to hold a president post for my college which consists of 288 residents during my diploma year. College year was so tremendous where I've learnt how to lead a team and organized an event. It really made myself busy and enjoyed at the same time with a good team of committee members. During my degree year, we had planned a trip to Brunei. Once again, I hold the responsibilities as a leader for bureau of multimedia and publication academic trip to Brunei Darussalam. Besides having flying colours in my activity, study were not being left out behind. Time management plays an important role. At the same time, I was employed as Mc Donald’s crew. I will work as and when I was on semester break or even sometimes on weekend. Support given by McDonald’s restaurant manager was encouraging throughout my study year. Hence I’ve decided once I completed my study I will pursue my career with McDonald’s as management trainee in order to appreciate their support.

Recently, I had move to an Islamic bank to change the environment of work and to embark in more challenging experience. Knowledge obtained from previous learning institution and past working experience help me to excel in this industry.I would say that I am proud that I am able to take the responsibilities given to me. I know the road ahead will not be easy for me, but I cannot stop here. I need to move on in order to reach my goals. My success in the future lies in my own hand.


Comments

Popular Posts